opening files in read-only mode

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Tue May 27 14:20:06 CEST 2008

Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry to bring this up a second time, basically I have exactly the same
> issue as described in this post (which stayed unanswered):
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/taglib-devel/2008-April/000943.html
>
> I need to be able to open the files in read only mode; I tried achieving this
> by subclassing, but got nowhere. So unless I am missing something, it would
> be very nice to get the ability to do something like
>
> TagLib::FileRef f("name", ro_parameter)
>
> Is there any chance that the API could be extended to support this?

I'm not specifically opposed to adding this, but if it's really
triggering an inotify signal even when no writes occur that sounds like
an inotify bug.  Please add a wishlist item for this in the bug tracker.

(I'm still super busy at the moment -- per my recent blog post, I'm
trying to finish up at my current job while trying to get a new company
ready to launch.)