WIP patch to extend taglib interface

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Wed May 7 05:08:05 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 06 May 2008, Peter van Hardenberg wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> my patch to extend TagLib's Tag:: interface is nearly complete, so I am
> attaching it here with a list of questions and notes in the hope of
> soliciting some feedback. In creating it, I have drawn on the work of Lukas
> Lalinsky's tag mapping table from the MediaBrainz wiki among many other
> sources, so I believe I have come close to implementing Best Practices
> across APE, OGG, ID3v1 and ID3v2. Obviously ID3v1 does not support the full
> interface. Methods it does not support return String::null or 0 to make
> TagUnion happy.

> *snip*

> Thanks for taking the time,

Wow, looks like an extensive overhaul.  I will not have time tonight to look
at it but I will try to do so at some time tomorrow.

As far as the track naming goes, I guess my question is really just, how do
other apps handle that frame?  i.e. will this break iTunes/Winamp/etc.?  I
don't know the answer offhand but I can experiment tomorrow.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne