Using taglib on streams

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Mar 3 10:47:57 CET 2008

Guilherme wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I know this mailing list is about the development of taglib and not
> about questions about it but i wanted to know if it is possible to use
> taglib on an audio stream instead of a file.
> (example: i feed it a piece of audio data and it tells me if that piece
> of data contains a id3tag)

TagLib doesn't have explicit support for streams, but a lot of its
features could be used on streams.  For instance, if you wanted to read
an ID3v2 tag you could subclass ID3v2::Tag and reimplement the
constructor / read() (they're both very short functions) and it would work.

> If you could point me to a list where such questions are ok i'd
> appreciate it.

This list is fine for those sorts of questions.