zlib in Windows build/binaries

jon bird news at onastick.clara.co.uk
Sat Jul 5 13:20:34 CEST 2008

In article <1215193392.7136.5.camel at localhost>, Lukáš Lalinský
<lalinsky at gmail.com> writes
>D?a Pi, 2008-07-04 o 18:29 +0100, jon bird napísal:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just started playing with the Windows port of taglib and in the
>> process have come across a couple of issues. Firstly, I'm not too sure
>> how useful the binaries are since they are keyed to a specific Visual
>> Studio (in this case VC7) set of runtime DLLs.
>>
>> The 'C' wrapper is probably okay for the most part however I saw some
>> odd memory crashes when attempting to link the C++ DLL to into Visual
>> Studio 9. Building the libs from scratch (ie. so they all use VC9
>> runtime DLLs) seems to resolve this.
>
>Various versions of MSVC not being compatible with each other is a known
>fact. Perhaps I should remove the VC 2003 binary.

well maybe a note just to the unwary. I've not looked hard at the 'C'
interface side but I think if memory allocators and file handle
manipulation are kept within the library then it's okay. Certainly I've
managed to link a wrapper dll (written in VC9) into my main app (BCB) by
following those rules.

jon.

--
== jon bird - software engineer
== <reply to address _may_ be invalid, real mail below>