receiving std::wstring

Daniel doep at onnerby.se
Mon Jan 28 12:24:00 CET 2008

Hi all and thank you for a very good library.

I have a small question that's probably pretty simple:
I've been using taglib for a while and always been std::string in my
projects. But now I want to retrieve std::wstring instead. I do not have
a problem retrieving the string and then converting it back to a UTF16
encoded string, but this seems unnecessary since taglib (at least
according to the docs) uses utf16 internally most of the time.
So, how do I retrieve an std::wstring the best way?

Best regards
Daniel