on old bug, or is it?

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Tue Jan 15 00:01:34 CET 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Try it in Amarok because some other players are smarter and calculate
> themselves the correct audio length, or if you have ipod nano, I dont'
> know how it behaves on other mp3 players because I own only ipod nano
> (now I use rockbox and I have ogg support :) )

For Pete's sake,

This has nothing to do with Amarok being smart or not.  We trust taglib
to tell us the appropriate length.  If taglib tells us the wrong one,
how are we supposed to detect this?  Perhaps by asking the tagging
library to double check every time we ask it for a track's length?
Triple check?  Really, just one more time, we promise, just this last
time, please?

Your problem has nothing to do with Amarok.  That's why when you posted
on our mailing list complaining about a linked bug report that is
clearly marked as belonging to taglib -- and clearly has a dated SVN
commit which you then complained didn't fix the problem even though
you're not running the SVN version -- I sent you over here.

So, how about instead of complaining further about Amarok being smart or
taglib patches not fixing the problem, *you* get smart and learn how and
when packages are created for your distribution and what they contain.