Extensions, mods

Linus Walleij linus.ml.walleij at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 22:58:09 CEST 2007

2007/8/30, Linus Walleij <linus.ml.walleij at gmail.com>:

> 1. Add stripping of tags to the C binding. (Shouldn't be
>    very controversial.)

Attached is a patch for this. It adds the function
taglib_mpeg_strip_tag(TagLib_File *file)
and will bail out silently if the supplied file is not MPEG.

The idea here is to rename that function once taglib can
some day strip other tags. If it is prefered to bail out silently
on *any* file that taglib cannot strip (it can only strip MPEG
right now) then it could be renamed taglib_strip_tag()
and put under the file API somewhere simply.

This patch adds the crucial feature I need from taglib to
throw out a lot of other crufty code so I'd be very happy with
it... Perhaps my code stinks, atleast you get the general idea.

Let me know what you think.

Linus