bug in header size fld?

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Tue Oct 16 01:44:43 CEST 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007, Ray wrote:
> hi,
> i've run into a few strange oddities in that 2.4 tags
> seem to get truncated on my mobile mp3 player.
> tracking this down i got 2 empty files and tagged them
> with the same details using 1 misc tagger and then
> something using taglib1.4

I haven't gotten into the details of it yet (I'd have to get into the spec)
but off the cuff, most mobile mp3 players can't handle ID3v2.4 tags.  In
fact, many can't handle ID3v2.3 tags either.  They usually handle ID3v1,
which is also written by taglib, but which has a fixed maximum field length
(I believe 31 characters in most situations).  So this may be what you're
seeing.

--Jeff