Unicode filenames on Windows

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Tue Nov 6 19:02:41 CET 2007

Lukáš Lalinský wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> having support for Unicode filename API is a must for any more serious
> usage on Windows, so I choose probably the only binary compatible way,
> that makes sense, to do it -- duplicating constructors of all
> TagLib::File subclasses to support also wchar_t* in addition to char*.

Here I'm not really happy with having the ifdef's all over the code.
Would it be possible to simply have one ifdef that's used for the
character type? I don't really care about changing the API for Windows
users sine TagLib hasn't officially supported Windows in the past.
(Plus, on Windows TagLib isn't used as a system API in the way that it
is on Unix.)