Wavpack support

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 08:27:18 CET 2007

On Po, 2007-11-05 at 22:35 -0400, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Amarok also has aac, audible, m4a, mp4, rmff, speex, trueaudio, wav,
> and wma
> too.
>
> Can any of these get added in?  :-)

Most of them are broken or only partially implemented, though. :) The
AAC code treats raw AAC streams the same way as raw MP3 streams, which
means adding ID3v2.4 to them (eeek!). There is no tagging support in the
Audible implementation. And the MP4 (1) and RMFF implementations depend
on external libraries. Patches for Speex and TTA are following as soon
as I commit the Wavpack code. The other MP4 code in Amarok is read-only,
and the WMA code doesn't implemented some extended headers needed to
support multiple tags of the same name or tags >64kB. I have full
implementations for both ASF/WMA and MP4, but after previous
discussions, I'm not sure if Scott wants these in TagLib.

Lukas