vorbiscomment support for multiple artists

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 15:29:59 CET 2007

On Št, 2007-03-08 at 09:16 -0500, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> On Monday 05 March 2007, Lukáš Lalinský wrote:
> > No, TagLib already does support this. Also, comment #2 is wrong. All
> > file format implementations in TagLib can handle multiple values as
> > well.
>
> Comment #2 is perfectly correct.  TagLib may be able to handle it, but that
> doesn't mean that Amarok has a good way to cram multiple artists into its
> GUI.  Which it currently doesn't, and which is why the bug was closed in the
> first place, and why it'll be closed again, or at least moved to a Wishlist
> item.  Comment #5 is the only one that is of note as a possible bug...Amarok
> shouldn't discard other Artist tags when writing the first one.

Sorry, my intention wasn't to support reopening of any Amarok bug. I've
never used Amarok, so I don't know how does it (not) handle.

I was only replying to the e-mail in taglib-devel. And from this point
of view is the comment:

"Hmm you see, we support many tag formats, and we have to make it all
fit into one unified GUI. If ogg supports multiple Artist tags, but none
of the other formats support it, then I don't see how we would support
this."

wrong, because all other file formats implementations in TagLib
(ID3v2.4, APEv2, Vorbis comments) do support it.