bug encoding multibyte?

Xavier Duret xaviour.maillists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 19:32:19 CET 2007

> Well, there isn't many clients. Just install the command line client
> from http://bazaar-vcs.org/Download and run:
Ok. It is a bit dry but it works fine.

> > I see there are some ID3v2 patches in there. I would like to run a
> > regression test against them.
>
> Sure.
I reviewed the changes related to MPEG. I do not think I have any
files using UTF-16 with unsynchronization. The combination of UTF-16
BOM and unsynchronization is vicious... Your patch look sane to me.

> I can't say I have a large library of these files. I do have a
> collection of test files, but those are usually edge cases, broken
> files, etc.
I use the opposite strategy. The database contains what the people are
actually dealing with.

> I wrote it.
Ok. Given the fact that your branch is GPL while the rest of taglib is
LGPL, it guess it cannot be integrated in the main tree. Do you plan
to make a tarball available somewhere?