linus.ml.walleij at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 23:05:02 CEST 2007
thanks for taglib, I recently introduced it to my pet-project
"gnomad2" in order to read/write Ogg/FLAC metadata.
Works like a charm, great work.
I want to switch over to taglib also for MP3 but there are
a few features missing I'd like to have, so I'm planning to
submit patches, if they are welcome. Please hit me now
if you don't want any of these so I'm not wasting my time:
1. Add stripping of tags to the C binding. (Shouldn't be
2. Add abstraction for "TLEN" in ID3v2 to be
written/read as and audioproperty. The idea is to
let TLEN take precedence when getting playlength.
believe this is superfluous since the info is on the stream
itself, but I think it's useful on things that are VBR and
missing Xing tags, since it speeds up songlength
retrieveal. (Let me know what you think, I managed to
have this property added to cmdline "lame" version
3.98, forthcoming so there WILL be files with TLEN
tags in foreseeable future). Expose as abstract
property, add to C API.
3. Detect and atleast remove during stripping the horrid
"RIFFWAVE" header that some Windows programs
insist on adding to whatever they encode to MP3.
4. Perhaps find some way of exposing ID3v2 "TOFN"
(original filename) which I find useful, but which is
in a sense of quite low interest.
More information about the taglib-devel