m4a tagging support?

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 16:01:50 CEST 2006

Brian Nickel wrote:
> The system I've come up with is a working solution. My method performs a
> single file size change (when required) to write the smallest block
> possible ILST, META, or UDTA, and then updates the necessary higher
> level nested boxes and the offset tables. The only problem is
> statistically impossible case where the MOOV box changes size from less
> than to greater than 4GB.

Hi,

I've just read the TagLib# sources and the way you're updating the offset tables
is wrong. You should change only those entries for which you actually change
also offsets in the file. So if there are some entries that point before the
'ilst' offset, you should not add your size difference to them, otherwise you
make them invalid.

-Lukáš