Problems writing tags of various filetypes

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at gentoo.org
Sun May 14 19:56:50 CEST 2006

Hi,
I'm still working on the TagLib bindings for Ruby. To make my work easier I'm
extending the test suite so that it checks for quite a few cases, so that I
can check that the bindings are correct.

This way I already found a few problems that were in my generator script.
Unfortunately the full testsuite still does not pass.

There are problems when reading basic flac data (although OggFlac works fine),
there are problems writing on ID3v1 and APE tags on mp3 files, there are
problems writing to any kind of tags in musepack files, there are problems
writing to ID3v1 tags and Xiph comments in basic FLAC files.

I don't think these issues are caused by the bindings, as they are mostly
direct calls to TagLib, and I debugged it "by hand" putting a series of
fprintf() in the generated code, so I'm positive the calls are correct.

Is anyone able to get a parallel testsuite that works with TagLib's C++ code?
(I'm fluent with C++ but I'd like not to do both testsuites as I might be
repeating the errors I've already done if it's an error in the tests).

Anyone wanting to take a look, the repository is at
git://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/rubytag++

It's still in flux so I might change, add more tests and so on in the next
days, right now the failing tests are:

          8 - mp3write-id3v1 (Failed)
          9 - mp3write-ape (Failed)
         12 - mpcwrite (Failed)
         13 - mpcwrite-ape (Failed)
         14 - mpcwrite-id3v1 (Failed)
         18 - flacbasic (Failed)
         20 - flacwrite (Failed)
         22 - flacwrite-id3v1 (Failed)
         23 - flacwrite-xiph (Failed)

I think their name is an explanation by itself ;)

Thanks,
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE