What is the file size limit in taglib?

Simon Raaf sraaf_22 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 4 10:03:48 CET 2006

Question: What is the file size limit in taglib?

I do want to traverse my file-system, dvd's, shares etc. getting all kind of
info (md5, 'tag' info using taglib, etc.), and do have files >16Gb (captured
videos and music).

When looking for example in mpeg\mpegfile, I see things like:

long MPEG::File::findID3v1()
{
  if(isValid()) {
    seek(-128, End);
    long p = tell();

    if(readBlock(3) == ID3v1::Tag::fileIdentifier())
      return p;
  }
  return -1;
}

another place (same file):
int offset = d->hasID3v1 ? -128 : 0;)

I'm just new to c++ but on HP-UX (true Unix) and also Windows signed long
and int are 4 bytes and by that limited to a range of 2Gb.

Are there planns to build in a check against or to support big files?

Simon