deleting Tags from files

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Jun 15 19:09:26 CEST 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 6:01 PM, mETz wrote:

>>> also, is it possible to specify what version of ID3v2 to use? e.g.
>>> ID3v2.3 instead of 2.4?
>>> This is to be compliant with WMP since it can only read 2.3 with
>>> UTF-16 encoding...
>
> No, taglib only supports ID3v2.4 and according to Scott he won't
> add support
> for 2.3.
> But I guess he would take a well-crafted patch ;)

Right.  There are a lot of subtle differences between 2.3 and 2.4 and
supporting 2.3 would be non trivial.  My standard rant is that
application developers *really* should update things since, well, the
ID3v2.4 standard is more than 5 years old.  Fortunately almost
everything has, with the one notable (and significant) exception of WMP.