TODO - The Windows Geschischte

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Jul 20 23:40:04 CEST 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 9:52, Lukáš Lalinský wrote:
> That means adding an additional constructor to all TagLib::File subclasses
> (two for MPEG and FLAC, one for MPC, Ogg, Ogg::FLAC, Ogg::Vorbis and
> FileRef), an additional TagLib::File::name, TagLib::File::isReadable and
> TagLib::File::isWritable methods, plus some additional functions in the C
> bindings. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to duplicate code like this.
> Otherwise, it is the cleanest solution for full Unicode support on Windows.

I hadn't really thought through that before.  At any rate, if we go this way I
would probably create a TagLib::FileName class that has constructors for char
* and wchar * so that we'd be insulted from such things in the future and add
that rather than const wchar * constructors.

Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror, and you would
not have been informed.