GEOB frames (was Re: extending taglib (ID3v2 frames))

Aaron VonderHaar gruen0aermel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 09:44:40 CEST 2006

I'm trying to read GEOB frames using taglib, and was surprised to
discover taglib has no such frame type.  I have implemented a GEOB
frame class, and am trying to create a subclass for
TagLib::ID3v2::FrameFactory, as suggested in the docs to allow my new
frame class to be used, but I have not been able to figure out how to
correctly subclass FrameFactory.  I dug up an old email from Feb 2005
(see below), but I have not found an ideal solution: I can't copy code
directly from FrameFactory because it uses protected methods from other
TagLib classes.

So I am wondering what is the recommended way to subclass FrameFactory?

However, a better solution to my problem may be to include GEOB support
in taglib :)  Attached is the GEOB class I created (based on the APIC
class included with taglib 1.4).  (I am trying to get taglib-svn to
compile so I can supply an acceptable patch, but I'm having trouble
getting the build environment set up properly, configure fails
complaining I don't have a -debug build of Qt?!)

Please let me know what I can do to get this considered for inclusion
in the next version of taglib.

Thanks,
Aaron V. <avh4 at users.sourceforge.net>