named comments support in taglib?

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Jan 19 11:32:01 CET 2006

On Thursday 19 January 2006 5:07, Alan Ezust wrote:
> Does TagLib support named comments, like
> libid3? There is a method like this:
>
>      return ID3_GetComment(&tag, "MusicMatch_Preference");
>
> Which returns the musicmatch preference. What would be the equivalent in
> taglib?

There's nothing that currently does that, but it's rather trivial to
implement.  I've attached a (currently untested) patch to TagLib that does
it, which I'll probably commit.

You can just copy the same function into your application for now.

New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin.
 --Mark Twain