taglib with autoconf and automake - help please

Bartek Grychtol b.grychtol at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 11:38:10 CEST 2006

Hello,

I wrote a little file conversion program in C++ using TagLib, and now I wanted
to make it a proper GNU project with autoconf and automake. I am completely
knew to these tools and admittedly don't really know what I am doing. I was
hacking around the whole day yesterday, but couldn't figure out how to write
the Makefile.am and configure.ac such that I get my program to compile again.
I don't seem to be able to invoke the taglib-config properly, I think. My
program used to compile with the line provided in the TagLib Documentation:
g++ taglib-test.cpp `taglib-config --cflags --libs` -o taglib-test
I would be grateful for any and all helpful suggestions in this regard.
Thanks,

Bartek