Using patched taglib in a non open source software...

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Apr 6 16:48:47 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 20:03, Pierre Chatelier wrote:
> What does it imply regarding LGPL ?

In a nutshell:

- Wherever you make the app available, next to it just put something like,
"Download modified TagLib source."  If you put it on a CD or something put
the TagLib source there too.

- Link dynamically rather than statically.

That's the major stuff.  Since I'm the major copyright holder I don't see any
reason to nitpick much more than that.  (And I assume that goes for the other
contributors as well.)

diff -u life.cpp~ life.cpp
--- life.cpp~   2002/03/19 07:44:28
+++ life.cpp   2002/04/09 15:49:39