inconsistent results with utf8

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sun Oct 2 20:28:59 CEST 2005

On Saturday 01 October 2005 21:27, Ben wrote:
> I've been trying to use taglib and the tagwriter example program it
> comes with to retag all my classical music (which frequently have non-
> ascii characters in them)

The examples really aren't unicode safe -- they don't really try to be.
Making this work on the console would require figuring out what encoding the
console was using, converting that to utf8 and then using those values.
Since TagLib doesn't have conversion functions for general purpose character
set conversion that's just been left out of the examples.

Peace and humptiness forever.
--Digital Underground