inconsistent results with utf8

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Sat Oct 1 21:27:05 CEST 2005

I've been trying to use taglib and the tagwriter example program it
comes with to retag all my classical music (which frequently have non-
ascii characters in them) and I'm running into problems. What's
worse, nothing seems to be consistent.... what works sometimes will
other times write junk. I'm really at a loss as to what might be
happening, and was wondering if somebody else might have experienced
the same issues.

I've noticed that if I try to write multiple fields, the first one
tends to stay uncorrupted far more than following fields. So I've
changed my scripts to only edit one field at a time. That seems to
work better, but obviously something seems busted.