probable Taglib 1.3.1 malfunction

tafillos tafillos at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 16:32:24 CET 2005

Hello,

I am developping Microsoft C++ .Net a program that reads and edits mp3 metadata.
For this reason I use TagLib.I found a TagLib-1.3.1 winport at sourceforge.

Concerning the metadata reading, everything works perfectly. The problem is when
I go to edit the metadata and try to save them. I define an object of type
FileRef and then I edit successfully the metadata I desire to alter. As soon as
I call the function tag()->save() in order to save the changes, then I get the
error:

The instruction at "0x10072ad7" referenced memory at "0xdddddddd". The memory
could not be "read".

If I try to debug the program I get a message that there is no source code
available...and i can only see the disassembly code.

Furthermore, if I deactivate the ID3v2 tags of the file, for example with
winamp, and I follow the same process, then everything is edited and saved, but
of course only on the ID3v1 tags. If I activate the ID3v2 again, then I get the
same error. So probably there is a problem of saving the changes in ID3v2 tags.

Also, I figured out that all the above take place in the debug mode, when I use
the .lib and .dll for the debug mode. If I make use of the .lib and the .dll of
the release mode, then I don't get the error either if the ID3v2 is activated or
not. But,even if they are originaly activated, as soon as I edit the tags and
then save the changes with the tag()->save() function, the ID3v2 tags are
deactivated and the changes are only saved in the ID3v1 tags.

Can somebody tell me what is going wrong and how I can solve this problem, so I
can save the changes also in ID3v2 tags? Because my main interest is mostly in
ID3v2 and not in ID3v1.

Many thanks in advance