debugging output

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Mon May 9 09:32:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

the debian unstable packets do not define NDEBUG and output debug info
on stderr. There is no way for my program to suppress it.

I would rather have expected these packets not to output debug info,
is there a reason why they do or should I file a debian bug report?

I mean those messages:
TagLib: MPEG::Header::parse() -- Invalid sample rate.

If those files are buggy, I would accept this output. But then why
only warn when debug is on?

I might be useful being able to define the wanted level of noise like

FileRef (const char *fileName, bool readAudioProperties=true,
               AudioProperties::ReadStyle audioPropertiesStyle=AudioProperties::Average,
			unsigned int DebugLevel = 0)

--
Wolfgang