WMA tag support for TagLib

Umesh Shankar ushankar at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 9 01:19:09 CET 2005

Hi everyone,

I've hacked up a patch for TagLib that allows it to read WMA tags,
borrowing some code from mplayer (that code is LGPL'ed, as is TagLib).
I've tested the modified TagLib with amarok and it seems to work well.
Writing the tags is not yet supported.

Since Scott Wheeler is unlikely to add this patch into the mainline (his
aversion to WMA seems well-documented), I've made them available from
here: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ushankar/taglib-wma/index.html

There is a diff you can apply to the original TagLib sources (make sure
you have a recent version; I used CVS) and a wma/ subdirectory to be
added to TagLib. I also have instead an RPM I built for Fedora Core 2,
but I cannot guarantee it will work for you.

Best,

Umesh