compilation problems with 1.3.1 and Mac OSX (10.4)

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 05:41:48 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 23:35, Zach Roberts wrote:
> Hello TagLib devel,
>
> I am working on a small project which could benefit greatly from TagLib,
> so I attempted to compile it from source on my Mac OSX (10.4) machine.

I think the reason you didn't get a response back last time is because it
Works Over Here(TM).  Perhaps more helpfully, I don't know what gcc would be
complaining about duplicate symbol definitions.  I noticed that there was
a .la.closure in the output though.  There is a configure option to disable
closures (although I thought they were disabled by default).  So maybe try
adding --disable-closure to your configure script.  You may want to add
--disable-new-ldflags as well just for the hell of it.

If this doesn't fix your problem you may want to ask one of the gcc guys about
why g++ would be creating duplicate symbols on Darwin, you'd probably get a
faster (and better!) response.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne