post mortem

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sun Jan 30 23:05:49 CET 2005

On Sunday 30 January 2005 22:27, Jonas Sundström wrote:
> Scott Wheeler <wheeler at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > Given the trace that you gave my guess would be that
> > your C-string that you're passing to the TagLib::String
> > constructor is actually invalid.
>
> Would it be wrong to pass on a UTF8 encoded
> pathname to the FileRef constructor?

Well, no -- if the system locale is utf8.  But that has little to do with
memory corruption.

By memory corruption I mean that whatever string that you're passing in --
whatever "char *" is likely no longer valid.  It's been freed or isn't
properly terminated or something of the sort.

Stupidity is the basic building block of the universe.
--Frank Zappa