post mortem

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sun Jan 30 15:51:01 CET 2005

On Sunday 30 January 2005 14:59, Jonas Sundström wrote:
> My application appears to crash in TagLib::String::String,
> for some reason. It doesn't happen all the time though,
> only when doing lots of consecutive creations/reads/
> and destructions of FileRef + Tag.
>
> Is there any known case similar to this?

It's almost certainly memory corruption of some type.  Probably referencing
something that has passed out of scope or somesuch.

Given the trace that you gave my guess would be that your C-string that you're
passing to the TagLib::String constructor is actually invalid.

Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
--Bertrand Russell