[Social-Desktop] Social Desktop Mailing List

George McLachlan gmclachl at untitledproject.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 23:23:36 CEST 2009

I agree with you, when I talk about Twitter I was refering to this as
something which sparked my interest in SocialDesktop. I never really had any
plans to implement or suggest standardisation on Twitter.

I had a couple of points and it was meant to kick off a discussion. However I
still believe in order to encourage people to integrate into the desktop, we
need to do some of the heavy lifting for them.

Looking over the spec I see that provider files allow us some degree of
abstraction. What I wouldn't want to see is this barrier to writing an app
because people have to reinvent the wheel every time.

I do agree that we need to think about, well quite a lot of things before we
consider this, but I still think it's worth bearing in mind.

George