Create notifications on Windows and MacOS that won't timeout

Michael Albert michael.albert at awesome-technologies.de
Mon Mar 18 18:01:42 GMT 2019

Hello, we would like to use SnoreNotify to create notifications in our application. We need to configure these notifications to stay on the screen until the user activelydismisses them. How could this be achieved with SnoreNotify on Windows and MacOS? Unfortunately there is very little documentation on how to use theSnoreNotify framework. We managed to build our application with SnoreNotify on MacOS (snorenotify 0.7.0 and Qt 5.11.3) and to create a notification that disappears after 10 seconds. On Windowswe can build the application but it crashes when Snore::SnoreCore::instance() is called.I tried to use the SnoreToast.exe from commandline which basically works. But it seems that SnoreToast.exe does not support an option for setting the timeout so thatthe notification would stay on the screen. Is that correct? Kind regards
Michael Albert

Dr. Michael Albert
Mail: michael.albert at awesome-technologies.de
Web: www.awesome-technologies.de
Tel: 0931/30699001
Mobil: 0176/85628070

Awesome Technologies Innovationslabor GmbH
Rückertstraße 10, 97072 Würzburg

Amtsgericht Würzburg
HRB 13771

Geschäftsführung: Christoph Günther