Using Ctags in rkward

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Sun Nov 1 07:41:21 GMT 2020

Hi,

Am Thu, 29 Oct 2020 10:46:14 +0100
schrieb Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek at opensuse.org>:
> Dne středa 28. října 2020 22:10:29 CET, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
> napsal(a):
> > I can make it so that kate plugin actions will be active
> > whenever a script window is active.
>
> It would be definitely perfect to have such a nice feature. Can we
> look forward the next release? :-)

Ok, I have added that in master just now (as usual, it may be up to 24
hours for the automated builds to catch up). Please take a look.

Do note that we are relatively free, now, to assign menu actions from
kate plugins to one of the following contexts:
  - show them all the time
  - show them when a script window _or_ the plugin's tool window is
    active
  - show them only for the plugin's tool window

Which option makes most sense may differ from plugin to plugin, so
please provide feeback, if you think we can improve something.

Also, we can make some simple modifications, such as moving top-level
menus to a sub-menu. I've moved "CTags" to "View", for instance. But
again, I'll need the feedback of those who are experimenting with those
plugins.

Finally, Martin, perhaps you could write up a mini-tutorial on setting
up CTags inside RKWard?