RKWard 0.7.1 for Windows 32 bit

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Apr 17 20:54:14 BST 2020

Hi!

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 00:54:01 +0200
Marcus Glöder <m.gloeder at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello all together,
>
> Is there a 32-bit version of RKWard 0.7.1 for Windows? Unfortunately,
> RKWard 0.6.2 requires a full installation of KDE for Windows.

Sorry to say, but no, there isn't. While RKWard *could* be compiled for
32-bit, gathering all the dependencies is no mean feat, and doing so
for several architectures multiplies the problem. For this reason, a
few years ago, the maintainers of the KDE build servers have decided
to drop support for 32bit on Windows.

*In theory* it will still be possible to compile your own 32bit version
of RKWard. The general procedure is detailed, here:

https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source/Windows

As the final step you'd run "craft rkward", and keep your fingers
crossed. To be honest, though, I'd be surprised, if it works.