[rkward-users] [rkward-announce] Upcoming release, call for testing and translating RKWard 0.6.2

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Sep 29 18:21:33 UTC 2014

Hi!

After over a year, it's time for a new release of RKWard: 0.6.2. I would like
to ask you for help in testing, packaging and translating. Details on
available downloads, and a tentative release schedule can be found at
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Release_Schedule
as usual. The targetted release date is October 20, and I would like to ask
you to provide feedback by October 15.

Note that in the current testing releases, some loose ends are not yet tied
up. Importantly some documentation is still to be written, and tests to be
updated. Additional preview releases will be created as we take care of these
bits, and work to fix any bugs you find.

Key features to look out for in RKWard 0.6.2 are the new RK() graphics device
(used for plots by default), which finally brings RKWard's graphics features
to the Mac, but also fixes some problems in corner cases. Also, there have
been a number of additions to the plugin infrastructure, and the new Data-
>Recode categorical data plugin shows some of them (this plugin needs thorough
testing, please take a look!). Importantly, plugins can now query the R
backend for information such as factor levels.

See the release schedule, above, for all relevant instructions and
downloads.

--- Translators ---

Now is a good time to start updating your translations. As usual, the deadline
to send your updates ends with the testing phase on October 15, as we will be
finalizing the sources, shortly after. As a reminder, RKWard is registered
for translations on launchpad: https://translations.launchpad.net/rkward , and
it is recommended to upload your translations, there. Sending translations by
mail is also ok, of course.

Thanks!