[rkward-users] Error of object format with Ubuntu

Seb R seb44550 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 10:05:36 UTC 2014

Hi,
Thanks for your replies.

Below is the result of the rk.sessionInfo()

Seb.

> library(raster)
Le chargement a nécessité le package : sp
> trace(raster:::.polygonsToRaster,edit=TRUE)
Erreur dans as.character(name) :
  cannot coerce type 'closure' to vector of type 'character'
> rk.sessionInfo()
-- Frontend --
RKWard version: 0.6.2z+0.6.3+devel1
KDE version (runtime): 4.14.1
KDE version (compile time): 4.14.1
Qt build key: x86_64 linux g++-4 full-config
Local KDE directory: /home/seb/.kde/
RKWard storage directory: /home/seb/.rkward/
Backend version (as known to the frontend): 3.1.2

Debug message file (this may contain relevant diagnostic output in
case of trouble):
/tmp/rkward.frontend.n10478

-- Backend --
Debug message file (this may contain relevant diagnostic output in
case of trouble):
/tmp/rkward.rbackend.J10504

R version (compile time): 3.1.2  (2014-10-31 r66913)
R runtime session info:
R version 3.1.2 (2014-10-31)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8          LC_NUMERIC=C
LC_TIME=fr_FR.UTF-8           LC_COLLATE=fr_FR.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=fr_FR.UTF-8       LC_MESSAGES=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=fr_FR.UTF-8          LC_NAME=fr_FR.UTF-8
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=fr_FR.UTF-8        LC_TELEPHONE=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=fr_FR.UTF-8    LC_IDENTIFICATION=fr_FR.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] raster_2.3-12 sp_1.0-15     rkward_0.6.3

[1] grid_3.1.2      lattice_0.20-29 tools_3.1.2

From: Robert J. Hijmans <r.hijmans at gm...> - 2014-11-24 17:17:48

Thanks, this is indeed a small bug in 'raster' when using is.factor
with and empty RasterStack an empty list is returned.

is.factor(stack())

The next version will return FALSE as expected.

Robert