[rkward-users] Asunto: Re: Graphics windows attached to the main window

luc.bianchi luc.bianchi at zoho.com
Fri Aug 30 15:49:53 UTC 2013

---- Activado Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:28:26 -0700 Thomas Friedrichsmeier<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> escribió ----

Hi!

On Sunday 25 August 2013 08:31:21 luc.bianchi wrote:
> The question is, I would like to know if it is possible to have the graphics
> window always visible in the application window like the Workspace Browser,
> the Editor, the File Browser, and the RConsole (like in R-Studio).
>
> The only similar solution I've found is to have the graphics window fixed on
> top of all the applications windows, but this not exactly what I need.

I'm not quite sure, whether this is what you mean by "fixed on top of all the
application windows", but to make sure you are aware of the option: You can
"attach" graphics windows using Window->Attach. This will put the window in
the central document area (where script files, data editors, output window go
by default).

Eventually, we'll add the option to collect graphics windows in a tool area
(like in R-Studio), but this is not currently possible.

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for answering.

I didn't know this option ('Window->Attach'), for me, it's better this way, but it's not exactly what I'd like. I'll be patient and I'll wait until the option to collect graphics windows in the tool area is available.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Lucas.