[rkward-users] rkward build problem

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Oct 17 10:39:58 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Wednesday 17 October 2012, meik michalke wrote:
> i seem to run into the same problem with MacPorts (0.6.0 branch):
>
> <configure>
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.2.1
> -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.2.1
> -- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
> -- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
> -- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
> -- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2 -- works
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
> -- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot
> -- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot - yes
> -- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
> -- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2 -- works
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
> CMake Error at dataeditor/CMakeLists.txt:18 (QT4_AUTOMOC):
>   Unknown CMake command "QT4_AUTOMOC".

Ah, I see (although I don't know, whether or not it's the same problem that
John is facing). The problem is that you gave the path to the CMakeLists.txt
inside the "rkward"-subdirectory, instead of the top-level one. Probably
that's because the release branch has one "rkward" stripped from the path. Add
a "/.." and you should be fine.

That definitely has some potential for confusion, so I'll add a check and
message for this problem in a minute (development version, only).