[rkward-users] [rkward-devel] Select cases

Rebel Tyrcus rebel.tyrcus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 15:11:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 02 November 2012, Rebel Tyrcus wrote:
>> Hey, sorry for the late reply. I've tried to install the plugin, but
>> unfortunately I'm on RKWard on Windows (0.6.0), and I don't know what
>> the problem is but I cannot select any CRAN mirror, so I haven't been
>> able to install it.
>
> could you give some more detail on this problem? What happens, exactly?
>
> Two shots in the dark:
> - Does it change anything, if you try specifying a fixed mirror at Settings-
>>Configure RKWard->R packages->CRAN download mirror?
> - Does your firewall block internet access for rkward.rbackend.exe?

I tried the plugin at home (linux) and it worked flawlesly.

At work (windows) I was guesing is just a proxy problem. I remembered
that for R I had to modifiy the direct access to the program in the
desktop, starting R with the flag --internet2. Apparently, this causes
R using IE proxy internals, otherwise R cannot connect to CRAN servers

"C:\Archivos de programa\R\R-2.15.2\bin\i386\Rgui.exe" --internet2

I guess that the same problem must apply in RKWard.

Best regards.

Joan