[rkward-users] [Help] t-Test with Groups?

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 14 03:18:16 UTC 2012

The following forum message was posted by kklein at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/5521778:

Hi all. I was hoping to standardize on RKWard for an intro stats class I'm teaching
next semester, but I can't seem to find something I need, and I suspect I just
don't know where to look.

I need to do t-tests by groups, e.g.,:

[code]t.test(formula = Weight ~ Sex)[/code]

--Where "Weight" is a number variable and "Sex" is a two-level factor.

This works fine in the R console at the bottom of the RKWard window, so I know
that the appropriate packages are installed (I'm running this in a MacOS "Lion"
VM to simulate what most of my students will have--installed with the very handy
DMG), but I can't find anything in the GUI to set a "by" variable.