[rkward-users] Boxplot label

Luis Ferreira lferreira75.1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 18:07:43 UTC 2012

It solved. Thank You.

First I reordered the factor by  the median of the attribute. I can't
find the GUI capability to do this graphically, probably is a neat
addiction.

freguesias.reorder.altimetria <- with(covilha at data, reorder(Freguesia,
Altimetria, median))

I also changed the default orientation of the x and y axis. Inside
boxplot function, I turned perpendicular the y axis labels and
deactivated the x axis:

horizontal = TRUE, las = 2, xaxt="n"

After  boxplot, writing x axis labels aligned with axis:
try (par (axis(1, las = 1)))

Also, RKWard is a great piece of software. I'm working with geospatial
data, having 11962152 cells * 1 factor * 5 attributes, and RKWard
processes all with no problems. I experimented directly from R command
line, from Rcmdr and from latticiste package gui, and it filled all my
12GB RAM on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit.

Cheers.
Luís