[rkward-users] version of rkward package in windows bundle is still 0.5.6

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Oct 27 15:48:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 27 October 2011, Mischa Vreeburg wrote:
> The version of the rkward package in the windows bundle is still 0.5.6 in
> the DESCRIPTION file.
> Is it still the 0.5.6 version or is the version nr not updated due to an
> oversite?

Yes, I simply forgot to bump the version number in the rkward R package.
Help->About RKWard should 0.5.7, correctly, and also the first line of
rk.sessionInfo().

RKWard also checks the version of the rkward R package on each startup, so it
will always load the package version that corresponds to the frontend (or show
an error message). However, that check is not based on the version in the
DESCRIPTION file for technical reasons (the "Version" field, there, does not
permit some of the version names we use for testing releases).