[rkward-users] colors of suggested function arguments

dirk dns_hmpf at web.de
Tue Oct 11 17:23:33 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag 11 Oktober 2011, 17:40:27 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Could you do one more experiment for me? Use the following four lines
> instead of the original ones (also removing the two lines added above):
>
> 	p.setColor (QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::Window, p.color
> (QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::ToolTipBase));
> 	p.setColor (QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::Text, p.color
> (QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::ToolTipText));
> 	p.setColor (QPalette::Active, QPalette::Window, p.color
> (QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::ToolTipBase));
> 	p.setColor (QPalette::Active, QPalette::Text, p.color
> (QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::ToolTipText));

Tried it, but it behaves like the original setting. I tried hardcoding the
color for QPalette::Text here but it still does not change,  so I concluded
there is no QPalette::Text and I changed it to QPalette::WindowText. That
finally did it:

	p.setColor (QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::Window, p.color
(QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::ToolTipBase));
        p.setColor (QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::WindowText, p.color
(QPalette::Inactive, QPalette::ToolTipText));

Now the  color set under “Tooltip -> Text” is shown in the tooltip.

Two issues remain:
When changing the color of the text rkward needs to be restarted to get the
text, as it was the case for the background already.

The rkward tooltip still does not really look like the normal KDE tooltip.
http://wstaw.org/m/2011/10/11/plasma-desktopE21063.jpg
http://wstaw.org/m/2011/10/11/plasma-desktopt21063.jpg

Best,
Dirk