[rkward-users] rkward on emerge win7 64

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Oct 11 15:32:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tuesday 11 October 2011, Mischa Vreeburg wrote:
> I'm trying to build rkward on windows using emerge.
> My system is a 64 bit windows 7 system. The bundle doesn't work on this.

in theory, the bundle should work (but you'll get 32 bits, only, of course).
If it does not, let us know the symptoms. Perhaps we can provide you with
troubleshooting instructions.

(As a first guess: An often cause of trouble is if some executable from a
into trouble, it is a good idea to try after a reboot.)

> I've  updated to kde 4.7 using emerge
> The build fails with the rkpthreadsupport.cpp file.
>
> Can you help me?
> In function 'void RKGetCurrentThreadStackLimit
> s(size_t*, void**, char*)':
> c:\kderoot4\download\svn-src\rkward\rkward\rbackend\rkpthreadsupport.cpp:92
> : error: cast from 'void*' to 'long unsigned
> int' loses precision

Hm, there is no such cast on line 92 of the current sources. Probably, the
emerge script fails to update the sources, somehow. Try
    cd c:\kderoot4\download\svn-src\rkward
    svn up
then try again. Probably this will not fix the issue, but at least it should
tell us the line number where the problem is really at.