[rkward-users] Need help on install rkward on Mac

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Oct 10 15:46:56 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Monday 10 October 2011, Mingtian Ni wrote:
> I was following the steps here
> (http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=RKWard_on_Mac
> ) to install rkward on my macbook (Mac OS X 10.6.8). And got stuck at the
> step of "fink install kdebase4-x11".  There are error messages starting
> from 86% of the install (see below). Can anybody give some advice here?

not much, unfortunately. This is a problem in one of the libraries that KDE
depends on. I would assume that this is probably a temporary problem, and will
go away after a
   fink selfupdate
sooner or later. If the problem persists, I guess your best bet is to follow
the advice you quoted near the bottom of your mail.

Once again, sorry, that we can't help you better, ATM. With a bit of luck we
will get our hands on a Mac, soon, and hopefully after that we can provide
much better support.