[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Error with NAMESPACE

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 2 19:04:09 UTC 2011

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4789779:

[quote]should I just wait for a newer version?[/quote]

no, 0.5.7 should be fine. However it has to be compiled against R 2.14 in order
to work with R 2.14.0. I believe the problem is that you are using our daily
builds, and we do not currently offer those in a variant that is built against
the CRAN version of R (I'll have to check, whether it would be possible to add
this), but you have installed R 2.14 from CRAN. For the moment, your options
are:

- upgrade to a series of Ubuntu that already ships R 2.14.0 by default
- compile RKWard from sources instead of using the daily builds. On Ubuntu it's
not too hard: http://p.sf.net/rkward/svn
- use our "official stable" PPA. We offer this in a variant for the CRAN version
of R (https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel/+archive/rkward-stable-cran).