[rkward-users] [Help] Mac installation (Snow Leopard)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun May 15 10:59:50 UTC 2011

The following forum message was posted by lindoro at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4531337:

Hello to everyone,

I tried to install RKWard on my Mac. I followed the procedure step-by-step (it
took a whole day because I had to recompile everything! even Fink had to be
recompiled because the authors do not offer yet a binary distribution for Snow
leopard).
Everything went smooth, apparently, but in the end RKWard refused to start.

This is the last lines in the installation terminal:
[code]--------------------
Installation appears to be complete (unfortunately it is hard to tell in
CMake).
Consider running
    make plugintests
for some automated functionality tests.
In case of errors, consult the file 'INSTALL'.
--------------------
RiccaDonna:build lindoro$ make plugintests
Scanning dependencies of target plugintests
KCrash: Application 'rkward' crashing...
Unable to start Dr. Konqi
make[3]: *** [tests/CMakeFiles/plugintests] Error 255
make[2]: *** [tests/CMakeFiles/plugintests.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [tests/CMakeFiles/plugintests.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [plugintests] Error 2
[/code]

I also tried to launch RKWard in another terminal:
[code]/sw/opt/kde4/x11/bin/rkward ; exit;
RiccaDonna:~ lindoro$ /sw/opt/kde4/x11/bin/rkward ; exit;
KCrash: Application 'rkward' crashing...
sock_file=/Users/lindoro/.kde4/socket-RiccaDonna.local/kdeinit4__tmp_launch-Chrb
Ie_org.macosforge.xquartz_0
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
[/code]

The only thing I made differently from the istructions is that R was already
installed (version 2.13.0).

I am a newbie with R (and I already love it) and I am not very aware of the
sophisticated tools and techniques you adopt for RKWard, even if I have a BS
and a MS in computer science I'm more towards the theoretic dimension. In any
case I have some capacity in this regard and if you believe I could help you
in making the Mac version working (or more easily available) I'll be glad to
help.

Marco