[rkward-users] [Help] RE: How to disable native file dialog on windows?

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 10 11:15:53 UTC 2011

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4523257:

Hi!

Sorry. The KDE systemsettings dialog used to be installed by default. It no
longer is, now, and of course that makes it rather non-obvious how to do this.
I had not noticed that. Thanks for pointing this out.

Instructions:
1) Open the windows command line (cmd.exe).
2) Enter
[code]cd c:\The\directory\where\KDE\is\installed
cd bin
kcmshell4.exe platform[/code]
3) Uncheck the "Use native system file dialogs" option.

I have just committed code to make RKWard to detect, and offer to disable, "native"
file dialogs automatically. Thus, in upcoming versions, this will be much
easier.