[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Rkward does not open previous session

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 25 13:12:05 UTC 2011

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4426474:

[quote]I do have a file named .RData.rkworkplace in the same directory as my
.RData. The file is just: base::::file:///media/Iomega_HDD/JLFdzT/FLAVIA
[/quote]

Well, that means the list of windows associated with this .RData-file is empty.
So, in fact, when you load this .RData file, the expected behavior is that any
open windows will be closed, and no new windows will be opened. Probably, at
some point you saved the workspace (or called rk.save.workplace()), while no
windows were open.
Use
  [quote]rk.save.workplace()[/quote]
or use Workspace->Save Workspace, while the associated scripts/windows
are opened.

[quote]Some scripts are reopened sometimes, nut not all of them and not always.
The same script is opened some times and not other times, very weird. [/quote]

Please give this another try with the upcoming daily build. I fixed one related
problem in SVN. With a bit of luck that was the cause of the strange behavior
you're seeing.