[rkward-users] Howto configure RKWard to give consistent results with R running in the Xterminal window?

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 22:26:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Prof Prlwrlczkwsky
<prof.prlwrlczkwsky at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to configure RKWard to give consistent results with R running
> in the Xterminal window?
> In the R console of the X-terminal I get:
>
>     > owd = setwd(tempdir())
>     > owd
>     [1] "/home/andreas"
>
> whereas in the R console of RKWard I get for the same commands:
>     > owd = setwd(tempdir())
>     > owd
>     NULL
>
> (R2.12.1 under opensuse11.2)
>
> Any Ideas?

Fixed in SVN. Thanks for the bug! If you do not use svn trunk, as a
trivial workaround, run the following whenever you start rkward:

setwd <- function (x) {
	owd <- getwd ()
	rkward::setwd (x)
	invisible (owd)
}

Thomas: I hope there are there are no side affects!

--
Prasenjit